- Q: When is the deadline for application?
A: The application for the February 2023 intake starts on the 1st of June 2022 and finishes on the 1st of October 2022. Basically, the deadline for application is 1st of October 2022.
- Q: How much does it cost to study Medicine at Medical University – Pleven?
A: The tuition fee is 7500 euro per year payable in two equal parts in the beginning of each semester. You can pay your fees by transferring the money electronically into the university account or in cash at bank office in the university.
- Q: How do I apply for the specialty of Medicine in English language at Medical University - Pleven?
A: Please follow the links below for further information regarding admission procedure:
- Q: Are there any admission tests for EU and non-EU citizens?
A: All candidates must pass the entrance exams in Biology and Chemistry. Please follow the link below for detailed information:
- Q: Am I obliged to prove proficiency in English language?
A: If you come from country where English language is not an official, you should provide with an English certificate at level B2 or above. The university offers one year preparatory course for students who cannot meet this requirement.
- Q: How do I apply for transfer student at Medical University – Pleven?
A: Medical University – Pleven is not accepting transfer student’s applications before June 2023.
- Q: What is an apostille? How can I get my documents legalized (certified)?
A: Documents issued in a foreign state which is party to the Hague Convention shall have an apostille from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For more information regarding the Apostille stamp and the authorities, authorized to issue Apostille, please refer to http://www.hcch.net or www.apostilleinfo.com
If the country of the applicant is not a member the Hague Convention (did not sign it) the documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of residence of the applicant and the Consular section of the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the respective country.
Note: all authentications (apostilles and seals) must be original and not copies, applied on the documents, which are to be submitted at Medical University of Pleven.
- Q: Where can I get my documents translated into Bulgarian language?
A: Documents with the apostille stamps need to be translated into Bulgarian in one of the following:
1. By a consular or Diplomatic official in the country where the document is issued;
2. By a translation agency authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria. You can contact translation offices in Bulgaria.
- Q: Are there any scholarships available?
A: Unfortunately, there are no scholarships available to study at Medical University – Pleven.
- Q: How good is the Internet in Bulgaria?
A: Bulgarians enjoy one of the fastest internet connections in the world.
Q: Am I eligible to apply with BTEC qualification or Foundation program?
A: No, BTEC degree and Foundation program are not acceptable.
Q: What if I still have questions?
A: If you have any further questions or requests please contact us by calling +359/64/884153 or by e-mail: