The application for the February 2024 intake starts on the 1st of June 2023 and finishes on the 1st of October 2023.
Application process and documents
*Please carefully read the instructions for completing the on-line application form here: Instructions for applicants
Step 2: Prepare & sit the Entry exams in Chemistry and Biology
Entry exams will be held in face-to-face or online distance forms depending on the epidemic situation in the country and the regulations of the Ministry of Health and official authorities.
Step 3: Submit the following hard copies of documents along with your application:
- Application form - completed, printed from the e-application system, and signed by the applicant.
- A Validation of secondary education certificate, equalizing the secondary school leaving certificate’s achievements of the candidate, to the Bulgarian educational system, issued by Regional Department of Bulgarian Ministry of Education.
The application for obtaining a Validation of secondary education certificate is to be made directly to any Regional Department of Ministry of Education:
Please keep in mind that the process takes up to a month after submitting the documents according to the requirements!
- A secondary-school-leaving certificate with statement of marks including the subjects of Biology and Chemistry. The average mark in Biology and Chemistry should be equal or higher than 62% of the possible maximum in the country. The certificate should be translated into Bulgarian language and legalized by the respective authorities in the country where it had been issued.
- A certificate stating that the applicant has the right /is eligible/ to continue his/her education into a university in his/her country, translated and legalized in the above mentioned way.
- If the name of the applicant on any of the application documents (high school diploma or higher education eligibility letter) differs from the name in the applicant`s passport, a document confirming the change of the name/s – name affidavit must be submitted along with the rest of required application documents. This document should be translated and legalized in the above way.
- Four (4) recently taken color photos /passport size/.
- Copy of the ID or international passport of the candidate.
- An English certificate at level B2 or above for candidates coming from countries where English is not official.
Deadline for submitting the documents – 15th of October 2023
Application documents of the interested prospective students are submitted:
- personally, in the International Student Center
- by an authorized representative of the applicant with a letter of attorney signed by the applicant
- by post/courier to the International Student Center not later than the stated in the conditional acceptance letter deadline
Our mailing address is:
1 St. Kliment Ohridski Str.
Medical University – Pleven,
International Student Center, room 138
Step 4: Ranking and admission
Only applicants who have sat entry exams and have submitted the whole set of the required application documents (legalized, translated into Bulgarian language and certified) as per our requirements and within the deadlines would be included in the final ranking/s of the applicants.
The ranking score is calculated as a sum of:
- The average result from grades in Biology and Chemistry form high school Diploma, equated to six-point system which is official for Bulgaria
- Biology and Chemistry Entry tests results multiplied by two
The possible maximum ranking score is 30
Admitted students are receiving unconditional acceptance letter with detailed instruction for the enrollment.
Step 5 Visa application.
The student will need to procure a Type D (long stay) Visa from the Bulgarian Embassy.
Note: Please keep in mind that the visa process can take up to 90 days and we advise you to finalize your application at the earliest possible.
Step 6: Enrollment
Only admitted students who have paid the first semester fee within the required deadlines would be enrolled.